Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Indiana Trip



Stephen and I had a wonderful vacation in Indiana. For our anniversary, we took a 2 day trip to Indianapolis where we stayed at Crown Plaza Hotel which was originally an old union train station. Some of the hotel rooms were located within a train itself inside the hotel-which was very neat. Sightseeing was fun, food was fabulous. We have to tell you of our famous tiramisu-when we ordered our tiramisu at a local Italian restaurant, they brought it out in a large bowl with a commercial serving spoon-this tiramisu was a desert of champions-would have fed a whole army.

After Indianapolis, we visited our friends from college-Joel and Suzanne Starns. Actually Suzanne is a matchmaker who tried to set Stephen and I many years ago.....Joel is a chiropractor and Suzanne is an occupational therapists I had to take a picture in front of Dr. Joel's office sign. White staying with Starns, we went hiking and celebrated Joel's birthday with two delicious pies....

After visiting with Starns, we traveled to Berne, IN where we stayed with our Granpa and Grandma Sprunger. Grandparents have a beautiful home on a large piece of land with a fountain in the back yard-I loved it! One day we visited town of Berne which has a large Swiss and Amish cultural influence. I loved the Amish bakery-we got to taste a delicious Amish apple pie. During the visit, I also got to meet several of the close relatives....Please note a shoe store pictures-named after Sprungers...Wow!

It was truly an amazing trip! We loved every minute of it.....even the 12 hour car drive....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Maybe I'll have to get a picture of Sprunger Street in Berne - looks like you got everything else :)

Sounds like you guys had fun, but that Tiramisu kind of scares me...